Nonprofit Performance Links
FoundationAdvocate is owned and operated by the same parent company as FoundationMark, publisher of the “Better Benchmarks for Private Foundations” indices, and we rely on FoundationMark data for much of our analysis. That said, we know of several other organizations that publish investment performance data relating to nonprofits, and believe in sharing information and resources to support the foundation community. Northern Trust and BNY Mellon publish quarterly performance numbers, while Council on Foundations (December periods) and NACUBO (June periods) provide annual studies.
Period Ending December 2018
Results Period Ending June 2018
Results Period Ending December 2017
- Endowments Lag Stock Indices As Private Market Gains Elusive
- Gifts to Charity Dropped 1.7 Percent Last Year, Says ‘Giving USA’
- Why Charities Have Been Such Bad Investors (WSJ)
- Why the Ivy League Clings to a Strategy of Diminishing Returns (NYT)
- A College Investor Who Beats the Ivys (NYT)
- Measuring the Ivy 2018
External Trustee Links
From time to time, we come across articles that we think are interesting and worth sharing. We are always on the lookout for more resources, so if you see interesting articles about foundation investments, please pass them along.